I Messed Up Yesterday!

I let someone upset me. Yes, I realize that people will upset us in life, but I allowed someone to get me angry. I didn’t look to God for almost an hour and even when I did, it wasn’t for long.
What happened?
I’m at work and our new supervisor was out at training. While he was out we had several emergencies that we handled in his absence. The end of the day approached and I provided him with a status update and informed him that I needed to leave for the day. While informing him that I was leaving I advised him that he needed to ask to be excused from the training that he was attending to free him to be involved in sorting out the emergencies. His response to me: “It is a problem that you can’t accommodate working additional hours and be a team player”. I didn’t remind him that I had already worked an additional hour. At the time of his writing I was already passed my closing time, trying to “help”. I responded: “Thank you for the kind words, as I am still here working.” I then closed my email with “Good Night”.
I was sinking…
I closed my computer and stormed out of the office. I drove home so angry that I talked to myself the entire time. I complained about his arrogance. I complained about him being a know-it-all. I complained and complained and complained. I didn’t realize how far I was going downhill. As I was driving something on the road hit my driver side door (which was just replaced, see my post). The hit was so hard that it caught me inside of my thoughts/rambling and I realized that I had not spoken with God. I did not discuss the issue with Him and that I was acting unseemly. I was irrational. I didn’t even notice that I was hyperventilating. I decided that it was time to calm down. I asked God to help me. That was my prayer “help me”. I was not yet ready to pray and I knew that I needed God to help me get there.
Mild Depression
I arrived at home and immediately informed everyone that I had had a terrible day at work. Not really but the last hour was horrible. I asked to be left alone to myself. Everyone asked me to talk about it, but I didn’t want to get upset again. I tried resting. I tried playing a game on my phone. I ate. Ultimately, my mood spread around the house and you could feel the heaviness. Fast forward through the evening, my family is very familiar with depression and thankfully, they seek ways of cheering people up. We actually started laughing at my frowning faces. I needed this feeling to lift. I thank God for my family helping, but I every hour or so I would blurt out, “I’m so mad!” My family, a little tired of the ranting, would respond, “We know”. Were they telling me to shut up?
Take it to God!
I decided that we should have prayer. Everyone had a big day the next day, interviews, meetings and such were scheduled to happen. We gathered around and we had a good prayer. We gave everything to God and although I didn’t mention what I was dealing with, I prayed for the workplace and for God’s Will to rule in it.
I woke up refreshed and ready for the day. I showered and dressed to impress and headed out of the door. Naturally, the way that my life is set up I made my everyday call to my grandparents only to learn that they are both sick. I quickly prayed to God on their behalf and continued in to work. I prayed for the day and listed to my gospel music and decided that I wanted the law of kindness on my lips. That’s it, no more depression! I will enjoy this day! When I arrived at work a co-worker stuck up the conversation regarding yesterday’s event
Just like that, it’s back!
I started up all over again! I thought I was over it. I prayed about this thing. Here I was complaining again. I thank God. I didn’t get too worked up, but my feeling was now on the downside. I wanted to frown again and I did. My boss came in and I wanted him to see me frowning so that he would understand that his supervisor offended me. I attended a meeting where I felt like my role was completely minimized and diminished and my heart sank deeper again. Thoughts swirled through my head, “no one values me” and “why am I even here?” I return to my work station with a depressed feeling. I don’t want to feel this way and a part of me embraces it. I want to really feel victorious and rise above this situation. How do I feel better when the situation hasn’t been resolved?
Act Like a Big Girl!
I need to grow up. I’ve been hit by harder problems. The truth is I’m dealing with greater issues right now. I’ve been ostracized and rejected and conquered those issues. God has brought me through situations that I thought that I’d never make it through. Why did I let this get to me so bad? Out of the blue, one of my favorite co-workers reached out to me and made my day! I jumped up with excitement. Since I started feeling better, this problem is still on my mind, but I’m giving my thoughts to God in prayer. I’m asking God to help me.
I’ve contacted human resources because unfortunately, I’m certain that this issue has escalated already. Now I’m waiting while in the storm. God will get me through this. I just have to be willing to stop depression in its tracks. Many of us go from mild to severe depression too much of the time. Don’t mess up like I did. Catch yourself in the mild state of depression. Go to God and give Him the problem. Get around some people who care to see you happy. Do something that will get you up and about. Don’t allow depression to set in. It can take something small to let something big into your life. I could have allowed this situation to cost me my job, which would have been detrimental to my family.
So I messed up yesterday, but I’m once again determined too have a good day today!
Psalm 142 King James Version (KJV)
142 I cried unto the Lord with my voice; with my voice unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.
When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
I cried unto thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Him!