When Your Heart Is Heavy...

There are times in our lives when we are dealing with too much or are faced with too many obstacles or we are simply overwhelmed with life.  It is during these times when my heart is heavy.  Sometimes my heart is heavy for others and whatever it is that they may be going through.  I try my best to put on a happy face and rejoice in the day that God has given me, I try my best to wear a smile and recognize all of my blessings, I encourage you to do the same.  However, there are times when it feels as though it is taking everything in me to turn my frown upside-down.
It is in these times that Matthew 12:34 comes to life for me, "out of the abundance of the heart does the mouth speak".  I encourage myself by reminding myself of other times when my heart was heavy and God brought me through the situation.  I remind myself of the battles God brought me out of before.  I remind myself of the prayers for others that I saw God answer right before my eyes.  I remind myself that I'm have a mind, my health, my family, my job and at this very moment I don't need anything.
After I do all of this remembering, I encourage myself and I encourage you with these words:
Weeping may endure for a night, but JOY comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Him!